Saturday, May 22, 2010


Life is not a race - but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say "thank you", "I love you", and "great job" to someone each day. Go to church, take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Love your life and what you've been given, it is not accidental - search for your purpose and do it as best you can. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to be. Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming. Forgive, it frees the soul. Take time for yourself - plan for longevity. Recognize the special people you've been blessed to know. Live for today, enjoy the moment.
While sorting mail one morning, I ran across this poem framed with a picture of a tree, since trees symbolize life, on the back of a catalog. So I came home, looked up the site to get the wording and found a use for a photo I took back in December during one of the first snows of the season.
I've always loved quotes and inspirational messages. This says so much. Oh, the perks of being a mail carrier! At least there is one these days...

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I love this poem. And the picture you paired with it is beautiful.