Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Big Snow

Saturdays are generally a day off for me... As luck would have it, I was needed this day of all days. It would have been perfect to lay in bed a little longer and watch the snowflakes fall with the kiddos.
I'm sure Jim was happy too because he had to crawl out of bed early to get the driveway cleared enough for me to get out. And he's not much of a morning person, unless it involves going hunting or fishing of course. I did call into work a couple times before leaving, yet after the 20 mile drive there, we were notified to put up all mail and go home... No delivery? A first in my nearly 12 year career. I was prepared and had my camera along so I snapped a few shots on the way home.





I will admit... My feelings were not hurt in the least that I didn't have to walk around in 20 inches of snow for a few hours. I was more than happy to go home and spend the afternoon with my family.

A decent amount of the white stuff!

Jim blowing the white stuff away

Nathaniel taking a break

Haley enjoying being inside with Mommy

The evening sky was beautiful so I couldn't resist a few shots...





An icicle forming

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You take the most incredible pictures. I am from Wisconsin and love the snow, so these pictures are amazing to me. Glad you got the day off to enjoy with the family.

Lauren said...

Dulcie - I am so happy to see a few new posts! I miss you when you are away from the bloggy world!

Great pictures as always. I wish you didn't have to go into work at all that day but at least you didnt have to deliver! The kiddos are as adorable as ever!