


Yesterday was "Appointment Marathon Day". Nathaniel and I had 8:20 and 8:40 eye exams. I made it through OK. I did have glasses in college and have not worn them since and really thought I'd be getting new ones. Luckily, not. Nathaniel, on the other hand, was not as fortunate. He needs them for reading and classroom work. And let me tell you... He found one pair of frames he liked (not the ones I liked of course!). We did compromise on the color though. Finished up a little after 10 AM, stopped at Walmart for sunglasses for Nathaniel and headed to daycare to pick up Haley.
Next appointment was an 11:20 with Haley for a 4 yr. checkup. She gained 2 lbs. since last year (that is huge for Haley!) weighing in at 14 lbs. 7 oz. I really thought we were going to hit 15 but oh well, we'll get there. She has been eating more than Nathaniel at meal time. And Miss Haley even grew an inch in length, measuring at 30.5 in. She was at 29-29.5 in. for about 2 years. She cried the entire visit (a first for Haley). She didn't want to put her toy down and was really upset when I laid her down to undress her. She was busy showing off her sitting skills. That is such a change and actually nice to see since she was nearly four before she had much interest in toys or the ability to sit up. All in all, a good visit.
Nathaniel and I finished the day with 2:30 dental appointments and then a stop at Walmart. It was a madhouse! You'd think we're going to be snowed in for nearly a week. I had to laugh when I read your account of the grocery store Jenn because we witnessed the madness too.


A couple pics I took of Nat in late November...

Nathaniel was with me all day since they had to dilate his eyes and they were sensitive and made his vision blurry. Haley spent the early morning at daycare for therapy and we returned her there before our dental appointments which disappointed Nat. On the way home after the appts. and madness , he said, "I can't wait to get home." I said, "Me too." Nathaniel said, "I bet you can't guess why!" I figured it was because he was hungry and wanted to watch TV. He replied, "I can't wait to see my little angel !" He is truly the sweetest brother.
The little angel herself...
taken a couple weeks ago...




3 comments:
Oh my goodness, Dulcie - all of these pictures are AMAZING and Haley and Nat are just adorable. You really do have the sweetest kids and Haley is surely an angel. She has so much personality and I always wondering what she is thinking in those kind and mischevious eyes of hers. She is beautiful. And Nat is an awesome big brother! Now we need to see some pictures of these glasses!
You truly have the most beautiful children. What an amazing brother Nat is to Haley. What a impact they have on each others' lives. You are an amazing photographer. Your pictures are beautiful and really show the personalities of your angels. So glad to hear about the 2 lb gain, that is awesome. And length growth is great too. Riley seems to have staled out in that area, hanging out at 23 in for about 5 months now. Hope you get some time to relax this weekend.
these are beautiful pictures! You have beautiful children as well.
Post a Comment