Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy Weekend in the Middle of May

The following pics are from the weekend of May 15 and 16.

The first set below are from a walk behind my parents' place. I'm trying to get exposure and focus down. My sister and niece went along with Nathaniel and I while Jim chopped some wood to burn this summer while sitting on the patio. Haley entertained Grammy and Pappy and my sister and grandmother while we were out and about. Of course, I was subjected to comments by Jim and my sister about my camera and vacation this summer. Oh well, it makes me happy! I have plans in the back of my head and I need to practice to make that happen, so... besides, it's nice to document life too.







I think we saw at least 10 diffferent species of ferns on our journey.

This is my favorite picture from the day. I love the color of the sky and contrast in it.

The two pictures below are the same, however, the focus in the first is on the leaves in the foreground and on the stream in the second. It's just a matter of picking a focus point using back button focus (BFF) to pick where you want the focus to fall.


focus on the leaves


focus on the stream



This bunny just kept walking closer and closer to us. It was actually comical!



messing around with closeups and bokeh

This is one of Mom's rosebush she received for Mother's Day from my sister.

1 comment:

Mihaela said...

Ok, how can you change the focus on the pictures? I've always thought it's the camera doing it itself, I know it's stupid, but I was never able to control it.
Beautiful.