Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments.- Rose Kennedy
As most of you WHS parents know and faithful readers, family and friends following our kids, milestones are slow to come but when they do... That moment is defined with tremendous excitement, pride, joy and love. We never know if or when these moments will come but when they do, it is the purest form of joy.
Last Friday evening, I was on the floor with Haley and Nathaniel, and I put Haley up on all fours because they are working on this in therapy and much to my amazement and Nathaniel's... Haley pushed herself right up into a sitting position just like she's been doing it forever!
Has she done it since? Not on her own and not with much enthusiasm but we are still working on it. We'll get there!
On a side note, I've looked through most of my Easter pictures and saw a few to edit and post but we've been busy. And this weekend we're getting together with many of our WHS family, so I'll have lots to share in the coming weeks. I've also been thinking about sharing quotes and just a picture or two of the kids when we get busy so people aren't checking back to see the same old post that's two or three weeks old. But my sisters do remind me that people will understand since I work fulltime and, to some extent, I agree, but I like to prove to myself that I can do it all. Even though my house needs a lot of attention as I write this.
2 comments:
Way to go Haley!!!! That is great news. I know how you feel because finally yesterday Dylan finally held himself up in the crawling position. I almost cried. Keep up all the good work.
p.s. Yes I am on Facebook find me under Kristy Swanson Fisher.
This is exciting news. Haley and Norrah must be talking to each other because Norrah just started to do that recently too - getting into sitting from all fours and all fours from sitting. She is OBSESSED with that move lately.
Now, maybe their next step will be crawling/walking.
It is so awesome how Haley just DID IT. SURPRISE! Cannot wait to see you guys tomorrow.
Post a Comment