Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Enjoying the Great Outdoors

We have been getting out the last month or so a good bit -- sledding in the cold. But this past weekend was a little different... It was actually warm and we took Haley out with us. Jim brought up going for a hike on Saturday and although I didn't make much of a dent in housecleaning, I thought it would be nice.

Nathaniel chose a park we visited in the fall and I was happy with it because it has a lot of potential photography-wise. So Sunday we stopped in at a restaurant on the way to Little Buffalo. And the one nice thing, a couple of ladies who worked in there were commenting on Haley's hair and curls and how cute she was. So nice to hear! Especially when it's someone who knows nothing of your situation or you. And it was totally genuine!

Our time there was short but quite enjoyable. We hiked a trail and Nathaniel played on the monkey bars. It was beautiful! There was still some snow left in the woods and it was very muddy where the snow had melted. Nat's feet were soaked but he had a lot of fun. Haley was pretty mellow... pleasant but mellow.

Later that evening we found out why. She felt warm and sure enough she had a fever. She awoke quite often during the night and I called off work the following morning. She still had a fever today so she was home with Jim. We made a trip to the pediatrician's office this evening because the fever didn't want to break and there seemed to be no reason for it. However I did notice Haley didn't want me taking her temp. in her left ear. And at times she acted as though her throat was sore. I suspected an ear infection and the doctor confirmed it. Amoxicillin for 7 days. She's not too happy about that and cried big tears when she saw me getting it ready. Natty begged me to not give it to her but I explained why she needed it. After giving Haley the medicine she flashed me that sweet smile and played happily with Nat on the bed.


A few pics of our hike on Sunday. I love this place and am hoping to get family pics done there this fall sometime.


My favorite of the day... Love the color and lighting and people in it!




I really like this old mill! The covered bridge and caboose and trails will provide a lot of variety for family pics too. I hope it works out.





Nathaniel monkeying around... And cute doing it!

I love this pic of Jim and Haley! She has the sweetest smile and I caught Jim naturally instead of one of his "posed camera faces".
And below, as it was nearing sunset, I got this shot... Just luck and being in the right place at the right time I guess. The lake was still ice covered.
You can almost feel a Greater presence...
His presence and I'd like to think my Grandmother's presence too. She loved her sunsets...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome pictures - as always. The park looks beautiful!

Norrah and Haley are both on Amoxicillan. No fun. But I am glad that the docs figure it out quickly and got her some medicine.

Hope you are all doing well.

Hannah said...

Great pictures! You live in a beautiful place. Great experience for the kiddos. I hope Haley is feeling better. Riley is going through all sorts of not feeling great so we know how you feel.