My last post... two weeks ago, I was home with Haley who was sick with the stomach bug. I ended up with it the following day and came home from work that same day -- my day "off" or so Saturday is supposed to be. My grandmother passed away that same night (Sat. the 20th) and services were the following Tuesday. In travelling to my parents' the night before her services, the stomach bug struck Nathaniel in the final 15 minutes of the trip. If only I'd have left a little earlier... Mommy intuition the night before told me his glassy eyes were a sign of something to come. He looked even worse the next night and fell asleep right after school. Once the car was packed we were off. I was too busy to think that he might be coming down with the stomach bug too. When you are too busy and miss all of the signs your child is sick (even when you've always caught it and been right nearly 98.9% of the time), you know your life is too busy...
By the way, I appreciate all the comments you ladies left in the previous post. I know what I should do...what I need to do. In time, I think I'll eventually give up working, unless we find a way to get better organized and keep ahead of household chores. My goal has always been to have the house paid off before I throw in the towel. Not sure if I can make it that long though. Things are getting pretty tough at work, so it's one day at a time at this point.
The weekend following we were back up home since my sister from Virginia came back home for the weekend. We thought it might be the last chance to sled ride so we did just that. The adults lasted longer than the two kids though. We were still sledding after dark. It was nice because the wind the previous week made the snow crust over enough you could almost walk on it without breaking through.
Here are some pictures of Haley before we left her to go out sledding.

My sister was tickling Haley and this was Haley getting ready for the next round. She anticipates it and curls up to protect herself. Too cute!
Both hands at midline... So happy and content!
Nathaniel thinking he was going to get somebody with that snowball...
Joey giving sledding a try with us. She's becoming a pro at this since they had no school for two weeks in Virginia. She and some teacher friends went on a few sledding outings to pass the time. Still though, I think a little more practice is in order...
This is Ziggy -- one of Joey's dogs. Ozzy, the other one, was on the move and all of my pics with him are a blur. Nathaniel sure liked playing with him though.
Here's one of Ziggy chasing Nathaniel and Hannah. Can't tell who's having more fun!
Now, a little more than a week later, the snow is all gone. The weather has really warmed up, so yesterday we decided to get out and go for a hike. (I'll try to post some pics later this week.) It was nice and Haley seemed to enjoy it but she was fairly mellow all day. Last night, we knew why. She's run a fever all night and all day. I was off with her today and she's home with her daddy tomorrow. Nothing serious, several kids had the same thing last week at daycare and Haley thought she was missing out on something...
Oh, and by the way, a little something Haley has shared with us... She's been working at something in PT which she receives at daycare since we both work. Fortunately, we have a great daycare where Haley is loved, encouraged and accepted. We love her teacher and she was gracious enough to get these shots for us to share. Thank you Miss Louise. We have recently started keeping a camera there for their use so we can see on what and how to work with Haley since we're not present for her therapies.
And here's Miss Haley...
showing us her new ability even though she's not always happy about it...
I have to admit... This is so nice to finally see and gives us some HOPE... Haley really has to work hard to acquire new skills in development and we are so proud and happy and HOPEFUL for her. Love you Haley!!!











3 comments:
LOVE to see Haley standing!!! She truly is a fighter, doing amazing work everyday. She will achieve all of her dreams, just at her own pace. Sounds like you have been busy. I hope things calm down for you as spring approaches.
Found your blog recently and so excited to read about Haley! Our granddaughter was recently diagnosed with WHS and finding Haley gives us so much hope. Looking forward to keeping up with all of Haley's accomplishments!
I love seeing all your photos. They are just brilliant. How awesome to see Haley standing!! Don't ever give up hope!
Post a Comment