Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Little of Our Halloween

We enjoyed a nice quiet day at home. The last few years I've bought costumes for the kids and they've worn them to see my sisters and parents and Jim's parents and sister. Nathaniel never seems too excited about it and he has several superhero suits and a cowboy suit and recently a detective suit (dress pants, shirt and tie) he wears around the house regularly, so I decided not to get costumes this year. Instead, we wore Halloween orange and black and just spent some time together.

In the afternoon, we went to the back yard for a few photos and then headed to Target for some supplies for the evening and pizza from Nathaniel's favorite place. Nathaniel's been mentioning a snack he's been wanting lately. Since I love the color of the Halloween M&Ms, we picked up the supplies for pretzels with Hershey kisses and M&Ms and I made a snack for the evening.

After finishing up supper, we each picked our pumpkins and designs to carve and got to work. Haley sat in her Bumbo and kept us entertained. Nathaniel worked on his bat, Jim his vampire cat, and me on my witch... imagine that.


A few photos from the day:


My favorite of the kids for the day...


Haley sitting up so nicely... I wondered if I'd ever see that day.


It almost looks as if Haley's giving Nat a kiss...


My favorite of Haley... Caught a smile!


Nathaniel flashing me a smile...


The treat he's been asking for...


Carving of the pumpkins...


A look of determination...


Our pumpkins found a home in the
fireplace at the end of the evening for
us to enjoy throughout the week...

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Gorgeous pictures as usual!!!! Love the way you spent Halloween.

Lauren said...

What fun! I love those treats too!!! mmmmmmmm!!!

And I just love the picture where Haley is "kissing" Nat. ADORABLE!!!

Hope you are well!

Jessmarie9 said...

I love your pictures. Haley just melts my heart. She's so sweet. I wanted to let you know we're planning a WH family get together here at our home (Blue Bell, Pa) for January. I hope you guys can come. Once we figure out who all wants to come we'll see what day works best for everyone. I'd imagine it will be a Saturday. Let me know if you guys are interested. We'd love to see you guys again!! Hope all is well.