Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back in early June, I took the kids to the pediatrician. Nathaniel was in for a checkup and he dropped to the 10% for height and weight. I'm not concerned. He's healthy and active and comes from two short parents, so what would one expect? He's also started running a mile every evening with Jim.

Haley was in for a weight check. Haley's weighing in at 14 lbs. 7 oz and is around 30-30.5 inches. She was up to 14 lbs. 12 oz. back in early February and then has had illness after illness up until now. She even came home from this visit with an antibiotic because there was some noise in her right lung. Other than a brief fever, there was no indication. Haley is very slow to gain. However, she likes to eat and is very good about letting us know that!





Nathaniel's Tae Kwon Do class also had a special showing of the newer version of "The Karate Kid" the day after. It was the first time we had been to the movies as a family. Haley did very well. It was very cool which was a plus and she downed two bottles during the show.
Nathaniel loved the movie and I found out just how old I really seem to be getting. Besides the obnoxiously loud volume and the large screen which involved constant head turning and the closing of one eye to prevent a migraine, I can say I too enjoyed the cool climate and the movie as well.





I guess you can tell Nathaniel enjoyed the show...


Some of the kids from his school did demonstrations between showings.








And yes... I have been really bad about posting and I apologize. Summers are always very busy for us. I have no idea what we were thinking 10 years ago when we bought a house with yard that involves 3 hours of mowing a week and hours and hours of edging and mulching. Not to mention that we didn't have children back then and I worked only part-time. I know now that we weren't thinking!
I'm planning or hoping to get a few posts up in the next couple of weeks of the kids in the pool. Haley loves it this year! And we were on vacation over the 4th of July so I have many to share there. However, I have a lot to accomplish in the next 2 1/2 weeks. I'm trying to get the house in order, a trip in to Hersheypark, a neuro appt. and time spent with family before life takes a turn for the worse. I will be working 6 days a week for at least the next several months and am not really looking forward to it much at all. Please say a pray or two that I do not lose my sanity and that my poor children below will remember who I am and not hate me.




1 comment:

Hannah said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. I love the pictures, especially with Haley in the wagon. I am sorry you will be working so much these next few months. Hopefully things will slow down for you before the holidays. We are thinking about you often.